Are you looking for how to remove write protection from pen drive? So, in windows, specifically in Windows 10! In this way, if you have broken that handles this protection you will always have an alternative to keep saving new data in it. Many USB storage devices have a small inscribe protection tab. With it, you can protect your device to not accidentally write on it. This is where you can use today’s tutorial for how to remove write protection from pen drive?
How to Format Write Protected Pen Drive
Many pen drives provide no write defense button on the pen drive instead of this, they are using to lock or unlock USB storage. a normal pen drive usually writes protection in order to protect. However, protections in some cases are hard to eliminate from the storage unit. There are many ways to confiscate USB write protection; here we will talk about the best possible ways to eliminate write protection on a USB storage drive.
METHOD 1 – How to format write protected pen drive: Use the Registry Editor of the PC to eliminate writing protection pen drive:
- The first thing we must do is connect the device to the computer via USB and access the registry editor of our computer finished Start> Run> and type the command “regedit” and press enter (In Windows 7 or lower).
- This will open a new window where we should go to “stored device policies” via the path
Read More To Click Here: Enable Remote Windows 10 and How to Use it
If the option “stored device policies” does not appear in the list for how to remove write protection from pen drive in windows 7, then you must create it by yourself. To do this, follow the following instructions carefully.
- Open a new file in the notebook.
- Copy the following path in the new file:
- Then but the Notepad file with the specific name of DISABLEWP.BAT
How to create the file DISABLEWP.BAT with the notepad
- Finally for how to remove write protection from pen drive in windows 7, copy the file to the home folder, that is, to the “Stored device policies” folder. If this folder does not appear in your registry editor, you must create it. For this, you will have to click with the right button of our mouse on the Control folder in the left tree the registry window. Here you must create a new Password to later name it as stored device policies
- Now disconnect pen drive, restart the computer and start using Pen Drive from your computer without any restriction and/or protection of it.
This trick works most of the time when you are going to change the value of write protection to “0”. Do not worry, if you are experiencing a problem with this method, try the second method.
METHOD 2 – Use the “prompt” command to eliminate protection:
- The first thing we have to do is connect the device to the computer via USB and access the registry editor of our computer through Start> Run> and type the command “CMD” and press enter (In Windows 7 or lower)
- This will open a sale with a black background, similar to MS-2, where we will type the command: “disk part”. This, in turn, will trigger the opening of a new sale.
- In the new window, quite similar to the one described above, we will write the ” List Disk” command and, select the USB memory with the command Select disk x (X must be replaced by the number that represents the Pen Drive.)